- The largest, heaviest and most capacious sink from Whitehaven collection – fits 36 inch cabinets
- Made of cast iron – practically indestructible. Can take rough handling.
- Silent. Dampens not only the sound of water but also the sound of waste disposal
- Self trimming apron front – needs only a rough cut
- Apron front protects cabinetry from water
- Very heavy, close to 150 pounds. May need help to move around and install. Will be too heavy for delicate cabinetry.
- Not affordable for all budgets
Kohler K-6489 Whitehaven gives a very substantial feel. It looks impressive with its large tall apron front. Water drops that may run over the edge of the sink won’t land on the cabinet doors. They will fall down to the floor instead.
Being made from cast iron, the sink can take rough handling. It won’t get scratches or dints.
Other Kohler Whitehaven 36 Inch Sinks
A very interesting model of Whitehaven sinks is K-6427. Due to its smart divide® feature, it is like a single and double sink at the same time. You can easily accommodate your large cookie sheets, easily move items from one pot to the other, and you can also easily turn the faucet from one bowl to the other without splashes going all about when the stream hits the divider wall. I think this is one of the most outstanding kitchen sinks ever.
Whitehaven Hayridge sinks come with nature inspired textural pattern on the apron front. It makes the sink look “warmer” combining traditional and contemporary elements. Otherwise, K-6351 Whitehaven Hayridge has the same description as K-6489 featured at the top of this page.
Kohler Cast Iron Kitchen Products – Whitehaven Apron Sinks
Kohler K-6489 Whitehaven Compared To Other Similar Models
Kohler Cast Iron Kitchen Sinks – Strength