Now the Brantford faucet from Moen traditional kitchen faucets line is available with Motionsense technology, which means that you can operate it in hands-free mode. Here we feature Moen Brantford 7185E kitchen faucet which is the touchless version of the Brantford faucet.
Moen Brantford 7185E Kitchen Faucet With Motionsense Feature
The touchless version of Moen Brantford 7185E series kitchen faucet features Motionsense technology.
Brantford is a traditional design collection, great as a complement or accent to kitchen styles ranging from neutral to traditional.
The Positive At A Glance:
- User reported reliability in the sensor technology; it is capable of standing the time test.
- Two function sprayer with stop button that enables you to pause the water flow.
- Proximity sensor that keeps the water flow on while there’s an object under the faucet like a vessel or your hands
- Motion sensor at the top that activates the faucet and keeps it on when you wave your hand over it – until you wave again
- Special surface technology that repels fingerprints and stains. It helps the faucet look clean.
- Front facing handle allows for installation close to the splashback .
Problems At A Glance
- The default power source for the Brantford faucet is a battery pack. If you want to run it on AC power, you will have to remember to order the adapter separately.
- The faucet is high – 15 1/2 inches. You need to be aware that you have enough space above the sink. Also the depth of the sink needs to be sufficient for the splashes to stay inside.
- The temperature and pressure control for hands-free mode is located under the sink. It is a little counter intuitive that you can’t use the handle to adjust the temperature and pressure.
- The range of the proximity sensor may be not sufficient for washing hands. You will have to move the hands closer to the sensor than where the stream is. So, for washing hands, it may be more convenient to use the upper motion sensor to turn the faucet on and have it running.
The Brantford Kitchen Faucet Is High
The Moen Brantford faucet is a high goose-neck type faucet. It is 15 1/2 inches high. With this in mind, you need to make sure the space above the sink is sufficient for the installation of the Brantford faucet. Also the sink needs to be deep enough not to send splashes from the bottom over the counter-top.
Remember The AC Adapter!
Moen Brantford 7185E faucet is shipped with a battery package as power source. But it can be used also with mains power. Only the adapter needs to be ordered separately. You know, batteries and battery power is good, but the batteries need to be replaced. They also tend to become low in the most unsuitable times. I think AC power gives more stability. Some hands-free faucets come even without the battery option. But Moen Motionsense faucets have battery power as the default source. If you want to use the AC power, you need to take care and get the adapter.
Nice Features That Make This A Great Help In The Kitchen
It is not only the touchless operation that sets apart the Brantford Motionsense faucet. Moen Faucets take pride in their Spot Resist technology for stainless steel surfaces. The surface takes nearly no fingerprints and will always look clean. Spray head docking uses Reflex system that makes the hose movement and sprayer docking smooth and precise. This docking system, however, does not use magnets which users like a lot in some other pull-down kitchen faucet models.
Three function sprayer with pause button is a nice feature to have if you want to fill a vessel on the floor.
The available finishes
Moen Brantford 7581E series faucets are available in Spot Resist Stainless, Oil Rubbed Bronze and Chrome finishes.
A short and to the point introductory video
Some points may need a comment though. But I like the way how it is shown.
A nice video review of the Brantford faucet side by side with the Arbor faucet
Video review of Moen Arbor Motionsense faucet by Sassy Moms in the City.
Moen Arbor works very much in the same manner as Moen Brantford.
If you visit the YouTube video, you will see also some critical comments there.
Other Touchless Kitchen Faucets
While Moen Brantford is a traditional style kitchen faucet with the advanced Motionsense technology, and, with that, a very interesting one, there are also others.
Moen Arbor is more neutral. It will fit in better in contemporary style kitchens. Kohler Sensate is a faucet of very clean lines. It uses also completely different sensor system.